Friday, February 9, 2024

This came up on my Instagram feed

 so last Saturday I printed it off.  If you are on Instagram, check out Shannon Christine Designs.  There are a few cross stitch that are free to download.

I pretty much stitched it out on Saturday night.  If I'm using white Aida cloth I don't stitch the white parts.  It's not laziness, it gives the cross stitch another dimension.  I cut the cloth 5" x 5"  and centred the Santa face. No I didn't use the colours she suggested.  Pretty much did with what I have in stock.
I had some red flannel in my "stash" so I cut a backing the same size as the front
then I cut a piece slightly longer but the same width, pressed it in half so it will be a pocket.  

Then I layered everything.  First the cross stitch right side up, then the pocket, then the backing, all right sides facing

You only sew on three sides.  Start at the bottom of one side, across the top, then down the other side.  Leave the bottom open for turning.  I sew the top two corners like this so it isn't so hard to get nice corners.  Trim away the excess.
Turn the backing to the front, but leave the pocket in place.  Stitch along the bottom of the ornament.  I stitched it three times, once straight and then two zig-zags across.  That should hold it nicely.

Turn the pocket to the back and you have a place for a gift card or money.  If you are giving this to a child, you could put in change because for some reason coins seem to count more than a bill.  You could seal it temporarily with some tape. 
All done!!  Yes, I'm making more.  
I also put these through the sewing machine the same afternoon.  Now to sew the hangers on.  I used pearl cotton for that because I have it in stock.
The heart one I designed myself.  If you would like it you can give it a screenshot but remember it is copyright.  Someone special is getting this on February 14th!!  

















Search This Blog