Monday, February 12, 2024

I had an idea



 after I gave my quilt away.  Make another one!

Many years ago—maybe before 1998–Karl asked what I wanted for Christmas.  I had seen rocker/glider chairs at K-Mart at our local mall and liked them.  To make a long store short, sometime over the years it got re-upholstered to a fabric I really liked.    

This chair was even used in our trailer in the summer months when we travelled.  It is the perfect chair to sit in and read while you glide away.  I love it and so did our Misty.

When it came time to select the fabric I took the cushion with me to get just the right fabrics.  That was last fall.  

I made up a pattern in EQ, I cut all the fabrics and there they sat.   A couple of weeks ago I decided to put it together.  No photo of the quilt, just the cutting instructions.  I checked the computer.  No quilt!  I hadn’t saved it.

I had to start fresh with what I had.  A redesign was done, sewing was done, reverse stitching was done.  It was absolute angst!

Finally it was in rows and on the wall.

Saturday I sewed the rows together and now it will sit here until I get some ambition and make a backing




Search This Blog