Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Wrapping it up for this year

 I found a recipe in an old Company's Coming cookbook that caught my eye.  I just needed eggnog and mixed fruit.  The eggnog was at the butcher shop.  The mixed fruit was in Longo's.  All I had to do was mix and bake.

An hour and 15 minutes away from our house is Sheldon Creek Dairies.  I don't have to drive that far to get their eggnog.  My butcher shop carries it.  So I grabbed a bottle -- yes a bottle -- came home and made a loaf.  It is fantastic.  Sorry the recipe is in an old Company's Coming cookbook that is no longer available.  



I sat one day when the knees were bad and made the annual Christmas ornament.  A bit of embroidery and then I decided to use some fusible Pellon inside and use a piece of ribbon to hang it.  It turned out pretty well.  Yes, the year is on the back.  Not quite like some I've done but its one I like.  Elf is getting into mischief at some point.  I know he is.
I taught myself to make mitts and I'm really happy with how they turned out.  Socks are next -- tube socks so no heels.  I hate knitting heels
Once the canvas is in the house, this is being made up.  No idea what I will do with it.  Donate it to a bazaar???  I might.
That's it.  Lots of plans for my downtime.  We'll see what I accomplish.


Have a wonderful holiday.  I'll see you in January



Search This Blog