Wednesday, December 13, 2023

It's THAT time of the year

 If you are going to a Santa Claus parade to see all the floats

JnG Meats, Aldershot
Photo by Jordan

You need to bundle up!
A lovely new hat and a scarf to match.  Maybe should have been in red or green but this one is coral.
The hat pattern is from Lovecrafts at
It was a fast knit.  I started one Saturday evening and by bedtime it was done.  The pompom is something new I've never tried before but it worked!!
The pompom in the photo above was just tied on for photo purposes.  I made a new one with three different yarns.  
I decided that the pompom was going to be removable for washing.  First thing, sew a button on the inside of the hat.
Tie the pompom with one of the yarns making sure it is tight.  Mine slipped a bit and I had a heck of a time.
Using a thin piece of elastic -- and cut a good length of the it -- tie the pompom where you just tied with the yarn.  Leave two good tails and put the elastic through the outside of the hat to the inside of the hat.  Yes it will go through.
Tie it together and then secure it around the button.  It is now removable for washing.  

Once the hat was done, I decided to make a scarf.  Holy cow, 4 nights of knitting and then I said to Karl that's it -- it's long enough.  The scarf is the same pattern as the hat and it will go very well with my navy blue coat.  Onwards I go with more knitting.


In honour of the JnG Meats float at our Santa Claus parade









Search This Blog