Wednesday, June 16, 2021

More books...16th June

 Another book read and enjoyed.  I'm trying authors I've never read before and so far, so good.  No recommendations from anyone, I just saw it on Chapters.indigo.ca, liked the looks of it, 

and yes, the cover caught my eye.  I judge every book by it's cover.  The girl with the bike seeing the planes fly overhead and the thought "would they drop bombs or wouldn't they" came into my mind.  Geography lesson coming!!  The Channel Islands are a bunch of islands belonging to Britain but off the coast of France.  

They were occupied by the Germans during World War 2 and disrupted the lives of many people living on them.  This is the story of one girl and her two friends and a German soldier.  I thoroughly enjoyed it even if it was about war which was not the main part of the story.  It was there, but not there if you catch my meaning.  Down the road I will buy more books by this author.  Interesting fact:  the author was born on Jersey of the Channel Islands and her parents were raised under the German occupation.  Okay that's all I'm telling you.  **** out of 5
These books are on my wish list as I have two at hand to get through.
Cruising through Instagram one morning and this author's book was being offered as a giveaway along with some other things.  I have never heard of her but someone said "I love her books".  That was enough for me to put it on my wish list.
The Bench!!  This book will be kept by me.  I just want it because Meghan wrote it for Harry and I really like both of them.   Hopefully she will write one for their next child.  Don't we all wish we had done this for our children.
An old author.  I've read many of her books and never been disappointed.  The cover is calming and that's what caught my eye.  
I did read something about this book.  No idea now what it was but it stayed with me so it's on the wish list.  Hopefully it's my July buy or perhaps someone will give me this book for my birthday -- as an early gift.
As I read I'll let you know what I think of them all.  

I need a break from quilting, I need to bury myself in goodness and wholesomeness and kindness.  It seems to be very lacking right now in our world.

I do buy all my books from Chapters. My local store is Indigo and at the corner of Brant Street and the North Service Road.  I could buy from others, but this is a truly Canadian bookstore founded by a woman.  I love to support local, I love to support Canadian.  I only buy from other countries when our country doesn't offer what I need, which is very little.




Search This Blog