Thursday, June 17, 2021

I love to give books.......

 to babies when they are born.  My philosophy is, if you can't read, you can't do anything.  My personal favourites are the old books, those little Golden Books I had when I was a young'un.

I bought two pieces of fabric from Dancing Stitches in Cambridge.  I have my own personal pick up and delivery service so it is kind of convenient for me.

Winnie the Pooh, so Canadian, so perfect.  I asked the owner if she could co-ordinate the two fabrics and she did a great job.

If you haven't seen these, they are called Pocket Reading Pillows.  Now they just aren't for children, adults are using them too.  I found a pattern for them at  this website.
I pretty much know how to make pillows after this many years.  I just needed the pocket size and the length for the handle.  There are written instructions you can read or you can buy the pattern.  Mine is 16" x 18" because I mucked up the cutting.  Not to worry, the pillow form will fit!!
This is the back!!  I wanted to show you that I don't put the zipper through the middle but closer to the bottom so you don't have it sticking into your back when you rest against it.
and the front.................with a handle.  Not all designers add a handle but I think it's just great for a child.  So much easier for them to carry.
I'm going to recommend a book.  Not everyone will agree with my choice, but I've read this book a few times and I love it.  It is one of the most inclusive books I've picked up in a long time.  There is criticism of this book and it is not warranted.  It is not actually for a child, but for a Dad because it was written for a Dad.  This is my book.  I'm keeping it, but it would make a great gift for a new Dad when his little one is born.  It would make a great Father's Day gift, so that is why this post is being published now. 
and done!  
















Search This Blog