Sunday, November 15, 2020

One for us

 I have had flannel tucked under a table for a while.  It was time to make a decision on what I was going to do with it.  I had navy blue, and a blue/grey that had yardage on the bolts.  Not much yardage, but enough to do something with. 

I had fabric left over from the backing on this quilt......

https://quilton.blogspot.com/2020/09/every-quilt-tells-story.html

so I cut it up into 12 inch squares with no plan at all.  Then I just opted to go simple and easy.  I was one navy blue square short for another row, so  I just used what I had.

I took what I had on the bolt and in the bins and ordered that yellow/gold to widen it.  But I hadn't remembered the measurement properly.  So I added one more down the side and loaded it up
The pantograph is called Alfresco which is available from Urban Elementz
I used a solid blue OMNI thread.  It ended up being two different colours because I ordered the wrong blue.  One is navy blue (the bobbin) and the top thread was more a royal blue.  If I had ambition, I would run downstairs and check for you but ya know..............
I took a few nights to bind because I forgot that binding with flannel and binding with cotton are two different sewing jobs.  On the next quilt I'm doing I will widen that binding to make it easier to turn to the back.
I really like this quilt.  It is soft and it is cozy and it is wonderful to have an afternoon nap underneath.  I'm ready for the cold winter days.


Search This Blog