Wednesday, November 18, 2020

I found it, I downloaded it and then

 I searched for fabrics.  I had a small piece of white wool in the house that has been here for a while, so I took that out and then went looking.

I had just given our daughter-in-law all my Christmas fabric but I had some nice pieces on a bolt so I took them out.  I grabbed a piece of batting -- don't ask me what kind -- any kind will do.  Then the Steam-a-Seam and I was ready for a night of fusing and cutting.

This was the template I used and I found it on Pinterest.  I don't have copyright permission to share with you.  Sorry

Ah-ha!  Seek and ye shall find!!  Scroll down for the download.
I cut the white wool fabric 5", the green strip (on an angle) at 4" and the little centre heart at 2.5"
I had the fusible web on the back of the two green fabrics but not on the wool.  I didn't feel it was necessary.

I used the blanket stitch on my machine and used a 5.0 for the width and a 4.5 for the length.  It took seconds to stitch around the entire piece
Then I did straight stitch as close to the edge of the two hearts as I could.  It "puffs" them out.
After one attempt at trying to sew the button on, I gave up and found the white glue.  That's why the buttons look a little odd.  The glue hadn't dried yet.
Just like the song by Kenny Rodgers ..... It's just another homemade Christmas in Kentucky.....however, mine is in Ontario!!  









Search This Blog