Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Another wee quilt

I'm still stash busting!  Unfortunately, I had a "sew-so" day in the sewing room.  My knees were aching like crazy because rain had come and gone and more was coming.  I chose these fabrics from my collection of fabulous fabrics!!
A simple four patch and then squares.  I ran out of the cat fabric, so I cut some of the mice fabric to make it work
I had a Wilmington Prints fabric rolled on a bolt board waiting for the right quilt.  This is the one.  I love stripes on quilts.  I know this will be on the back but I have more that will be on the front of a quilt I just designed because I have more fabric to use up!
I finally got the quilt on the frame and stitched it out in a short period of time.  I used this pantograph 
it is turning into one of my favourites
and King Tut White Linen thread
and it's done and delivered to Ronald McDonald House.
 I cut one strip from each fabric to make the binding.  All four fabrics from the quilt bind the quilt.
 I really like this idea of adding the label.  Just a square of fabric folded in half on the diagonal, pressed, sew the label in place and put it in a bottom corner.
When it's time to sew the open side down. I start at one corner, stitch across and then pick up the binding and keep going.  I think I found myself a winner here.

Today is the farmer's birthday.  He is ......... and doing well.  He has had three not so good years but they are behind us.  Aging is not something for the faint of heart.



Search This Blog