Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Oh my word

I saw a panel and fell in love.  I showed it to our daughter-in-law and she felt the same.  Someone must have heard us because the next thing I knew Lindley General Store posted it on their Instagram page.  That did it.  I hit the computer and ordered it.
http://northcott.net
On Golden Pond
I had a quilt ready for the frame so this was left on the back of my chair -- visible -- it was next up.  I chose the thread and not one I thought I would use.  I had the pantograph chosen before it got here.  
I squared it up with very little effort, pressed it and cut the backing.  I left it for the day and I don't know why because I could have had it done in no time flat.
I thought about the pantograph.  I thought of Maple Sugar or Maple Syrup then I had a chit chat with myself and thought of a rippled sky is never dry, ripples on the water.  Decision made.  The thread was not what I thought of orginally.  Navy blue?????  Pine green?????  I don't have pine green and my navy blue wasn't the right shade.  I found this OMNI-V 9136 in my box which is silver/rust/grey/dark brown and it puddled beautifully.
I had just purchased 16 yards of a stripe fabric that will work with a slew of quilts and this panel is one of them
 I rolled this off the machine for it to rest a bit and then after supper went down and did the binding.
Two nights later......
But it didn’t stay like that.  It was too short,
sooooo
I found some lovely clips on the cutting table and used them.
I like it much better this way.
When I first saw this panel, I thought "How Canadian".  The Muskoka chair, the "Hudson Bay" blanket, the blue mug that was taken right out of our kitchen, the rocky shores of Northern Ontario and those birch trees. 
The artist is Darrell Bush and I'm giving you the link to his website.  It is a lovely read about a very, very good artist.

Our front porch this year.  Just a wee bit different from other years.

Search This Blog