Wednesday, October 16, 2019

I am purging

my stash.  I had a load of orange fabrics from way back to the days I worked in the store.  They had to go.
I saw on Instagram that you could sign up with Primrose Cottage Quilts and once a month get a free pattern.  The first one I received through email was this one
I only wanted to make one block to see how it would go.  I quit!  It was time consuming and I wasn't going to get this done in a day.  I had a time limit to work within.  
Instead I tossed this aside and went into EQ and downloaded one of their maple leaf blocks.  It's one I have done before and it was on the easy side.  I could even do the stem the way I wanted by paper piecing it.  
I had one done in no time at all, so onto number 2 and then three.  I had the perfect background fabric for this, but used it all on the other design so I dug through the stash and found pieces of  "You had me at Woof" that were just perfect for the whole piece.  I didn't figure out the whole thing on EQ, just enough to get me going.
I spent most of the day in the basement and finished the top
Now what pantograph to use.  I had one chosen and decided it wouldn't work so.......
I didn't take photos while stitching it out.  I tried to take some in the house but they were all deleted.  It was a beautiful shady morning so I grabbed the runner and headed outside.  Our lawn cutters were here yesterday so there were no leaves on the ground to use as a backdrop.  My 'mums are beautiful though so.......


 I tried to get the leaf to show up so I zoomed right in.  When I made the decision to use this thread -- which is no longer available -- I knew it would work.  It adds a bit to the runner but doesn't take anything away.

 I once had a long arm quilter tell me if I kept piecing my backings she would have to charge me more so they would be straight.  Since I started to do my own, I have never had a problem.  And to her I say "bunk"!!
This runner doesn't belong to us.  It's going to our son's house for them to use for the entire month of October and November!!





Search This Blog