Thursday, June 13, 2019

He's back!!

I bought a panel awhile ago from Lindley General Store (the panel is no longer available) and set it aside to get the liners done for the isolettes.
It was a Saturday -- it was supposed to rain -- so I decide to get cracking on the panel.  I didn't go with my original idea.
I decided to cut this one up and and make two covers instead of one.
I had a thought.  What if??????
So I cut everything up, took the two with the yellow borders, left one facing me on the cutting table and turned the other one so it was looking the other way.





I took out all the fabric I had left-over from previous projects and set to work.  After a couple of hours of cutting and sewing I ended up with this.  It is ready for machine quilting.
This quilt has a very "soft" look to it.  I'm thinking this one is for a girl although why I don't know.           
I'm waiting for an order of fabric to come in because I'm going to quilt the two back to back.   I'll leave the pantograph in the machine, thread it up, and after one is done, just load the second one.  I may change the thread, I may not.  I'll know when the other one is put together.          

Yes, that is the veggie garden.  A bit smaller than the one we had on the huge piece of land in Oakville, but it suffices.  We can always "borrow" from our son's garden.


Search This Blog