Wednesday, March 27, 2019

I don't machine bind

but a lot of girls are now doing it because of necessity.  I'm going to try it on a small project one day.  Right now all my quilts seem to be a bit large.  I should have thought of this when I made these:
I watched so many videos on how to machine bind.  Some of them were a wee bit scary with how they do it.  
This one I do like.
Rob Appell is "man sewing" and he does a great video.
This is his video.

The only thing I would add is to zig-zag all the layers together before you turn the binding over.  That is my personal preference.  It helps to hold things and you aren't fiddling trying to hold them in place.

To finish off the binding,
this comes recommended by Anita from Cottonmill Threadworks. 
(the link is at the bottom of the page for Anita's Superior Threads)

It too is very good.


I may try that this summer while I sit outside on the deck.  Of course, then I won't have handwork and I do love hand work.

Good Luck!!

Search This Blog