Thursday, March 28, 2019

Ahh, the end of March

Spring is on the horizon, we hope.

This was the pretty much the last thing I did this month.  It is for us and it wasn't what I intended.  I had a brain block and couldn't get done what I wanted to do, so I redesigned.  This was it......
This is what I ended up with because those side triangles just were not working.  I salvaged everything I could from what I had sewn together.  The cornerstones and the sashing and three of the four blocks that are on point.
This one came together with no problem.  Everything is perfect although perfection is highly over rated.
 I finished up the line of fabric on the back.  I didn't want anything left.  
I cut the binding first and then used the leftover from the dark grey.  I did save the dark Canvas grey just because I love it and it works with so many fabrics.
 The fabric line is called Enchanted Garden by Nutex from the UK.  My first thought was little "Tinkerbells" floating all over and then looked again at the fabric.
There are butterflies in my garden.
So I bought a new pantograph which I learned is much better smaller than larger after I had the whole thing stitched out.  Live and learn
 Ready to start
 with my favourite green thread
discontinued so I won't give you the name but it was a King Tut
 the new pantograph


and then it was done.  I could have bound it in one night, but what would I do on night number two.


 The flannel quilt is off the chair for the summer
 this one will take it's place
I made the pillow in memory of Karl's Dad who raised sheep on his farm.
The other little quilt.....that's for Buddy to sleep on.  
Tommy doesn't sleep on the furniture.  No idea why.
 I knew the red and green of the fabric would look pretty similar to the cushion.  
It was meant to be.




Search This Blog