Thursday, January 10, 2019

I didn't grow up in Ontario

I had the pleasure of being a child in Quebec and I loved every minute of it!!
When I saw this kit from Beaver Creek Mercantile out in Alberta, it held so many memories for me of the great times I had.
Every village, town and city has a church in the province.  It can usually be seen for miles -- like a grain elevator (when they were there) on our prairies.
This could be anywhere on a beautiful winter day.  It really brought so many wonderful memories flooding back.
Here you go.  A plethora of photos of my day in the long arm room on January 1st.
The top and backing and then they were set aside for more important Christmas "stuff"
I chose this pantograph before I even had the kit.  It is called Twinkling Holly and it is from Intelligent Quilting.  I made it 10 inches wide as I didn't want a lot of quilting.  


Swirling snow captures the holly as it flies by


 It's off the floor and you have no idea how good it felt to be nearly done!!
 I went around the back to check the stitching and found this!  I mark where my bobbin runs out of thread so I can find them to hide them inside.  I had a slight panic attack!!  LOL
 The backing caused a bit of angst when I rolled it on, but it didn't pucker which was my fear.
and done.  Maybe it will make the bed before the winter arrives.  We haven't had any yet.
This should have been photographed on snow.......but.....we get it and the next day it is gone!  I am so disappointed in this winter.





and when you aren't paying attention to what you are doing.......

it may be mild but nothing is growing here!!


ANNOUNCEMENT

Tomorrow, Buttermilk Basin will be starting a BOM.  Tomorrow I will have more information for you.

Check back in.............










Search This Blog