Tuesday, January 15, 2019

For the preemies.....



Before Christmas I dropped some pillowcases off at our local hospital for the pediatrics ward.   I was asked if I could make some covers for their isolettes.  They use them to keep down the light and the noise for the wee babies.  I said sure -- but -- the babies get to take them home when they are released.

I made two up and in one afternoon I quilted them both, one right after the other.

The first one I did I really messed up the pattern.  I cut widths wrong, I sewed it together wrong, I chose the wrong colours.  So I did my best.  I left the fabrics, I trimmed it down to a square, I added borders and ended up with a cover measuring 35 x 35".  You do what you have to do.  I couldn't afford to toss it, so I devised!!
I had this huge piece of fabric I hoped would be long enough for two pieces.  I downloaded the pantograph called Popcorn, recommended to me by THE best long arm quilter in Prince Edward Island.  My friend Robin.  She used to be my long arm quilter when she lived here in Ontario and everything was done to perfection.  She is amazing.

I chose the same thread for both of the quilts.  A beautiful blue OMNI-V  that I recently purchased from Anita.  I only had one cone so I wound two bobbins and went for it.



Here you go.  I have no name for this pattern.  I did find it on the internet but the instructions weren't the greatest.  Sorry, I hate to say that.  




All of these quilts are being donated in memory of a little tiny girl by the name of Amber, a preemie. She was a twin but only survived for 24 hours leaving her Mommy and Daddy and the rest of her family devastated.   

Search This Blog