Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A little bit of this..........

a little bit of that.

I promised and I'm delivering.  If you don't have room for a design wall, this may be a good option for you.  Karen brings this to stitch and chat for anyone that may need it.  Thank goodness she does, because someone we know usually forgets the plastic/flannel backed tablecloth!  We won't mention her name, okay.

Here's the link with all the details.

http://www.cherylannsdesignwall.com


This month usually sees me in a state of panic about what to make that people aren't expecting.  Mostly my kids.  I like one gift to be a total surprise.  Last year they got their mixers so the next 4 years it is just something I found, I liked and made for them.  I think I've found it.

http://www.beneathmyheart.net/2009/11/cute-inexpensive-and-easy-christmas/


I need the annual decoration I make for the grands.  Better Homes and Gardens have few things I like, but I honestly haven't decided yet.  Maybe a stocking or ????  I'll leave this with you and you can peruse at your leisure.

http://www.bhg.com/christmas/crafts/


Pyramid Candy Holder


Here's another one.  Last year about this time four of us went out on our own shop hop and we all ended up buying these kits.  Mine is very different from the other ones.......they were all made with homespun fabrics and they had rusty looking stars on top with raffia.  I of course had to be different.


It has taken me a almost a year to find the directions online to share with all of you.  I knew it was on here but wording the request proved to be a challenge.  The photo on the trees on this blog doesn't look at all like the  trees we made.  I don't know why.  The fabric looks folded but it isn't.  Karl is going to make the trunks for my trees. I'm giving them to the girls for Christmas.  This will be their decoration this year ~~ well, along with their snowman


There is a story about these trees too.  It can be found here


This is it for today.  I found this on Facebook from Quiltmaker magazine.  I love placemats but Christmas ones I never have enough of.  There are actually 3 patterns offered here and one of them could be used throughout the winter.  Think I'm going to get a couple of these done.  I just bought a charm pack and they would certainly make the mitts.

The artwork featured this month is by Bernie Brown who was born in Saskatchewan and now lives in Alberta.  We were introduced to his work by our friends Reg and Jan.  We have purchased two of his pieces, they both remind us of different times we travelled west.   We are also fortunate to have two of his mugs which were given to us by our friends.  Mine is Prairie Skies.  If you have never seen our magnificent prairie skies, make sure you put it on your "bucket" list. 

Search This Blog