Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Frixion pens

I did a product review on these pens here:.....

http://quilton.blogspot.com/2011/05/brilliant.html

so on Sunday when I was going to trace my pattern for my BOM onto my fabric I thought I would give them a try.  Dog gone it, it worked and it worked beautifully.

I traced the pattern, did all the embroidery


                             (You can see the orange marks on the Momma's beak and the baby's legs.) 

Once I had everything finished I pressed with my iron -- from the back side with the embroidery laying flat  on a towel -- and lo and behold..................


the markings are GONE!!!

I'm going to keep using these pens.  I have used Pigma pens in the past for my transferring, but if you didn't hit your stitching right on, it showed.  This way, its not going to happen.  So there you go.  Another use for the pens.

When I give my embroidery work its final pressing, I lay it right side down onto a large towel.  The stitching "pops" off the fabric.  I learned that from my Mother who rarely ever picked up a needle to sew anything.  I don't know who she learned it from.  Quite possibly one of those things she heard sometime and it stuck in her "memory bank".






Search This Blog