Sunday, November 22, 2020

From four balls of yarn

that I had ordered from Mary Maxim
and a few evenings of knitting while the television was on
I was able to get all this done.
the green scarf was from a different ball of yarn.  It has a cotton feel to it which I'm not particularly fond of.  

three ladies' cowls are ready to go.  I know they look big, but these are hooded cowls.  You pull them down to your neck and then pull from the back up and over your head.  If it is a bitterly cold day, you can wear it over your touque and be extra cozy.  We all know those days are coming.
One man's scarf.  I hadn't planned it until I saw the yarn and then a decision was made.  This is called the Boyfriend's scarf.  It is really fast to knit up.  I used 30 stitches instead of 20 and a 6mm needle.  
The pattern can be found here.  Seriously, it is mindless knitting and you can enjoy your favourite tv shows without giving the knitting any thought at all.  
These are all being donated to a local charity here in my village.  More yarn is coming, so I'll be keeping busy.  Some are for gifts, others for donation.  I don't remember what I ordered so I'm looking forward to a "surprise" parcel coming to my door.




Search This Blog