Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Gift giving

Slippers were on the Christmas list this year, but they didn't arrive in boxes.  I opted to make bags for them.  This bags are dual purpose because once the slippers come out they can be reused in the pantry to hold bags or anything else your heart desires. There is no pattern because I made it up as I went along.  

I pulled out the old coaster pattern and these are going to Saskatchewan.  They are a surprise gift for two young ladies that have been more than kind to my BFF while this pandemic has flattened our lives.
I ordered lots and lots of yarn and knitted up a scarf for my BFF.  She can't travel to her family in Newfoundland this year, so we are sending a gift.  Shhhh, don't tell her, it's a surprise.  This pattern is called the Boyfriend's Scarf.  If you google it, it will come up.  Simple and easy.
I found a pattern called the No Purl Ribbed Scarf which gives a design but it's simply knitting.  It can be found here
I used the same pattern for a headband for a child.  16" long and sewn together.  I added a knitted flower.  If you belong to Pinterest is has a multitude of ideas for flowers and bows.
I decided this year, I'm not going the paper gift bag route.  We are going with tote bags available at our local supermarket.  Some gifts are rather large and these bags can be used for other things because they are a bit more durable.






Search This Blog