Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Anyone who owns a

Kitchen Aid mixer knows how heavy they are to move about.  Since we moved to this house, I've had a mat underneath so it slides easily.  However, it was a bit big when we rearranged the kitchen counter.  I measured the base -- sort of -- and headed to the sewing room to find fabric.  Scraps of this and that.  It needed to finish at roughly 10" x 16" so I had a bit I could pull on if need be.  I sewed the top together, spray glued the fabric back and front to the batting and drew one line from corner to corner.  I used the walking foot width as my guide and off I went.
 Sewed on the binding and sat for a bit after our supper and stitched it in place.  It turned out well and I can reverse it if I want to.
I finished up the Christmas sewing.  I decided to use the Marvel fabric up.  What was I going to keep it for.  I found a fabric that would work for the cuff.  It's all gone now!
I had all the Christmas sewing done by November 14th.  I think this is the earliest I have had everything put away and out of sight. 





Search This Blog