Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Wrapping it up!

There were two gifts left to make.  One would take an hour, the other I had no idea.  It was going to be a put it here, put it there.  It worked!!
One grandson is always a problem because I find him hard to buy for.  I had a great idea for the main gift, but the homemade gift was wrecking havoc with my head.  I finally found some fabrics that would work for him.  The Avengers!!
Please don't ask.  I have no idea who or what they are, but apparently they are popular
I make my pillowcases longer than the original pattern.  I didn't have as much as needed for the border so I added 2 inches to the case.  I use the burrito method and serge the last two seams, side first and then the top.  Fast, easy and simple.
Then there is our daughter-in-law who just had a new kitchen window installed.  They don't want curtains on it, but valances -- they are just fine.
We are on a gnome kick this year, so I dug out the quilt I made last year and pulled one pattern.  Of course I had the fabric, and one day spent at the cutting table/sewing machine and it was done.
   

 After three thoughts, I finally had the pantograph.  I had stippling, I had trees, I had snowflakes and then this thought came to me.  Sooooooo
after a snowstorm hit our area I had the majority of it done. 
However, the trim pieces I didn't have.  So after a lot of consideration, I ended up at Michaels for the stars for the tops of the trees.  They aren't buttons but wood cut-outs that I painted gold
Sometimes you get really close
 sometimes you get closer

Search This Blog