Wednesday, September 19, 2018

We went to Cambridge

for supper way back in the spring.  Our daughter-in-law had the first set of placemats on the table that I made for them way back when.  I asked if they would like some new ones.  Did they say "no"?  No they didn't!!

I designed this one and thought was I out of my mind with all the work involved.  I changed my mind even though I had this great panto in mind.  Please don't ask me the name of the panto.  Totally gone from my head!!

 I opted for easy.  Easy being that they would be done for their anniversary in June.  Life got in the way.  Thank goodness I didn't promise which June.
 I threw them on the long arm and stitch them out with OMNI blue thread and the panto is called "Duet" and it is from Urban Elementz!  I love what they offer.  I buy a lot from them.  These were stitched out a bit bigger than the centre piece, which I use admit I do like better.

The front:
 The back
 The placemats.  Two have a cream background, two have blue and two have burgundy.
I'm sorry I don't have cutting instructions.  These were done so long ago and so much water has gone under the bridge in the mean time, it has totally escaped me.
We went to a barbecue at the house and I took them with me.  I know they will appreciate them.

It looks like for the mean time I will only be posting on Wednesday.  There are still doctor's appointments to run to and things we need to do.  I hit the sewing room for relaxation and I do have a few things that are ready to stitch.  Old things.  Things that have patiently waited for me.





Search This Blog