Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Getting back to it

Slowly, I am getting back to my quilting and my reading.

Reading first.  I asked for recommendations because I have read "Wonder" twice and had to find another good book.  My friend Maureen said "A Man Called Ove", which I purchased along with Joe Biden's "Promise me Dad"

I have wanted to read that book for a long, long time because Joe Biden is one of those people that are genuine and intelligent and just plain good!!

Both were very good.  A Man Called Ove was the one I started first and put down.  It was too much for me to read while Karl was in the hospital.  I'm not going to tell you the story because if you ever wanted to buy or borrow the book, I've taken away the enjoyment of it.
I'm reading this book right now.  I'm struggling through it, but I think with another few pages I'll have all the characters in my mind and it will be a lovely read.  The movie on Netflix, I'm told, is fabulous.  I don't have Netflix, so you'll have to take my friend Anne's word for that.

I'm ordering this book next.  It looks like fun.  Sometimes you just need fun.  It's another book to while away a rainy day or a day that is so hot you can fry eggs on the sidewalk, which I seriously hope are all over.
I cruise through the Chapters website every one in a while just looking.  Or I ask friends what they have read.  Then when I'm done I pass all my soft covered books along but keep the hard covers.
I really prefer them
Maybe it's because that is what I grew up with and it feels like a reallllllllll book!!


Search This Blog