Friday, March 7, 2014

Yeah, the thaw is on........

On Thursday afternoon the sun was shining brightly and the thaw started.  It will be a slow process for which we are thankful.
I went out on Friday and snapped some photos.  We have always had problems with the eavestrough at this corner of our house.  Karl repairs it every year and still it drips.  An icicle has formed

and when Susan was leaving on Thursday we noticed that it swayed in the breeze!  I was hoping it wouldn't sway so far as to fall before I could take a video of it.  I've lived my entire life in the frozen north........not always, just some years.......thank you Siberia!........and have never seen this before.

I'm going to share these photos also.  I snapped this the other night -- inside the living-room window
and went out the next day to take this shot.  These are the bushes our icicles drip on to.  Now to find my snowdrops coming up in the garden.  The fella says they are there!



Search This Blog