Fall has arrived

Fall has arrived
my favourite time of the year

Until the next quilt

Bella Sophia

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Happy Birthday to you

Do you remember this block?

Well, I added to it.
I dug out all of my reproduction fabrics and made a few more to go with this one.
I had to add to my stash, but I only bought 4 fat quarters.  It took a few days to make them all up.  I made two blocks from each fat quarter, so the cutting went quickly.  The pressing was the thing that consumed my time.
I laid it out on the living room floor and pinned it together.  If a bunch of blues were close to each other so be it.  I wasn't going to be bothered about it.


Someone was willing to give me her opinion on it.  I heeded her advise.



I took 2 days to sew the entire quilt top together.  A week in all to make the top.  

It was Karl's birthday gift so it had to be done before the 6th.  I left other works in progress to get it done.
The top measures 50" x 80" so I'm sure it will cover him nicely when he takes his afternoon siesta.  I intend to hand quilt this one with perle cotton and use the big stitch.  I think I'll put my frame together and set it up in the living room.  I was going to "hoop" it, but then I had to move it a lot and I really don't want to do that.

BTW, in case you missed it, I found the pattern on line.  It is a freebie and is called Buttercream Twist  and we thank Kim Diehl and Martingale.


I had a thought while doing this quilt.  What if you made one block with the 2 1/2" squares in the creams and the strips in a blue and then reverse the next block?  Keep going with different blues or it could be reds, or greens, or whatever colour you chose.
Here's a little look at what could be done.  Thinking outside the box on this one.




by Maya Angelou

"Sometimes a small thing you do can mean everything in another person's life. When you learn, teach. When you get, give."

Search This Blog

Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF