Thursday, November 14, 2013

I pulled this one from

the archives!  It's a little old, but worth telling.

My friend Kevin ~~ my shipper Kevin ~~  my neighbour Kevin ~~ dropped by one day and told me he was going out to Alberta.......High River, Alberta to be specific.  I don't know the details but his company has something to do with the rebuilding of those flooded out of their homes and living in temporary housing in a camp.

I said okay.  I put a notice on Facebook and I got my fingers going.  I finished the baby blanket!!!!  It seemed to take forever to cast off, but one night I looked at Karl and said "I'm not going to bed until I'm finished."  Thank heaven I was on the way off the needle, and I had less stitches each row.  I think I was ready for bed by 10:30 that night.

Kevin came by the day he was leaving and I handed him the blanket and 5 pillowcases.  A variety that a girl, a boy, an older person and perhaps some teens can choose from. (They will be featured in pillowcase of the week somewhere down the line.) I mentioned to him, if you hear of a new baby in the camp, give them the blanket.  This boy is like one of my own kids, he listens to what you say.  Darn, he could be one of my kids.......he is only in his forty's.  Just a young'un.

Well to make this long story a bit shorter, Kevin had a meeting one morning and mentioned the blanket and now I'll let his words take over.


My construction manager Tim told Phil about the quilts you provided and I told him I had a baby blanket if he knew of a newborn in the camp.

This morning after our contractors meetings Phil asked me for the blanket for a preemie baby.

(the faces were blurred as I didn't have written permission to use them.)








I don't know about others that donate, but I sure feel fabulous when I hear my tiny gifts are making a difference and are appreciated.  September 18th has been our lucky day for 48 years and this news just made my day even better.  

Search This Blog