Sunday, August 30, 2026

Fall is in the Air

 September arrives this week and with that thoughts turn to cooler days, shorter days and those fabulous fall colours.  We get out our cameras and start snapping away.  For us, that is down in our valley


Fall means longer nights so I get out my cross stitch or knitting or hand sewing and as the television broadcasts our favourite shows I sit and enjoy myself.
This is one of my favourite pieces.
At the time, we were given a row to do, I believe every week.  No rush on it to get it done.  Do your row and put it away and then pick up something else to do.


When it was finished I added borders from fabric I had in the house and it was ready for the front door!!

I buy my Aida cloth from Along Came Quilting in Calgary, Alberta  https://alongcamequilting.com/.  As you can see they have a beautiful selection.  If you buy Zweigart fabric it is made in Germany and it is the best quality.  I always get 14 count............because the holes are easier to find!!
I also buy my DMC floss from them.  DMC, made in France, in the factory where it all started in 1898.  It is the absolute best and after putting hours of work into my projects I'm not settling for anything else.

Where did I find this pattern?  It came from the Fat Quarter Shop.  Here's the link:
and it is affordable...............it's free!

Enjoy the cooler fall days.  Don a sweater and go for a walk or just sit outside and enjoy!

FYI

Sewing machine needles, pins,  needles will be going up in price.  I’m going to stock up as I use a variety of different needles from machine, to hand to embroidery to cross stitch!




UPCOMING EVENT








Search This Blog