Friday, January 12, 2024

People and things

 inspire me.  I write children's stories to go with quilts, I draw something that catches my eye or I get inspiration for another designer.  If they can do it, so can I.  

I wanted bookmarks for the bazaars or just for me.  It took me two days to come up with an idea.  I printed off some 14 count graph paper and designed a heart.

Then I found some lettering that wasn't too bad, not great but okay.  I kept looking and then ended up doing my own thing.  

What next, maybe some books.  This is number one because while I typed this up I was watching the PWHL.  I have been waiting for this since the Canadian girls played in the Olympics in Salt Lake City.  The women that set the tone for professional women's hockey.  So proud of all of these young women.  Don't care the team, I'm cheering for them all.

Before the picture of the bookmark, go to Indigo or just go online and buy a book.  This book is for young girls   It's called the Hockey Jersey and as soon as the puck dropped today in the PWHL, that was the first thing that popped into my mind.  It is a fabulous book published by The Bank of Nova Scotia.  I have a copy and had the bank donate 8 books to 2 schools here in Burlington.  Apparently, they couldn't keep them in the library.  

Okay back to it.  


Hayley Wickenheiser is my hero.  She has tenacity and I look up to women with that.  Quote of the day.





Search This Blog