Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Friday Finishes........

 I post all my sewing/knitting projects on Friday on Instagram.  It's my wrap up for the week instead of posting daily, semi-daily, bi-daily.  Whatever!

I found a great panel on the Dancing Stitches website.  It's a lovely quilt shop up in Cambridge.
I'll give you the link to the store.  It is distributed by Northcott Fabrics.  The fox sold me on this one.
I used Champagne for the quilting on the growth chart with OMNI 3009 thread.  Two passes and it was done.  I opted to do this one lengthwise and as I stitched it out it reminded me of all those bubbles we blew through the wands over the years.  Some things never grow old.
So how do you hang a growth chart?  Well, I went to my local Home Hardware store and bought a yard stick.  I had the farmer cut it to 16" in length and then drill a hole through the one end, same distance out, as the other end.  I must admit I had thought of dowelling but then I would need to buy hooks and you know the list would go on and on.  This way they can just put two nails in the wall and go for it.
I love the bibs.  These are "dress-up" bibs for special occasions, like going to Great-Grandma's house.  I used Velcro for the closures instead of snaps because I really couldn't find anything online I could use.
The final two burb cloths.  I am done.  All is ready for the new little one and hopefully by the time you read this the parcel has arrived at it's destination.  







Search This Blog