Wednesday, April 28, 2021

And then she made.......

 little receiving blankets for the baby.  I had this large piece of fabric left over 

from the back of the burb cloths I made.  What to do??  It was a very odd size......20 x 40"
I googled everything I could think of, but to be honest I am not into these two sided receiving blankets.  Babies cannot regulate their temperature and you just don't put them into bed with blankets on them these days.  Why?  No idea.
I opted to do my own thing and it worked.
I cut the fabric 20 x 20" so I would get two.
Using a straight stitch and using a 1/4" "seam allowance", I went around the entire perimeter of the piece of fabric.
I folded it over and pressed it well,  Then I turned it once more and pinned it all in place, especially the corners.
When it came to sewing it down, I used a zig-zag, not too small but certainly not what the sewing machine was pre-set at.
It took no time at all to sew them, I then pressed them and here are two small blankets, that can be used in the stroller, in the car seat or just over your baby when you hold him.  1/2M of fabric will give you two.  
In the box and time to find something else to do for the new little one.




Search This Blog