Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Sometimes when I have nothing

much to do, or the weather is just too hot, I go on my quilting programme and fiddle around.
Recently I used a pantograph I hadn't used before.  It's called "Baa" by Quilting Creations.  It is what we call a "B2B", which simply means it goes from "border to border".  Not really, but it fills in the space a full 8" from top to bottom and then you just restart at 8", so there isn't a lot of mathematics involved.
This is the original, and you would start the design in the bottom left hand corner.
 IF, you hit that little spot right in the middle, you would flip it to start at the top and work your way downward.  I did that because I find it easier and I don't hit the bumper bar.  Less thinking and that's the way I like it.
Now you could, it you wanted to, flip it one more time......
by simply taping on the little arrow on the side.
Of course, if you do all this, you have to remember to move your starting point, or you will be stitching from right to left instead of left to right.
You can tell this is the wrong way, because the little red dot in the bottom left corner says "stop".
You go to the top of your programme page and find "object"
then you tap on the little line that says "reverse path"
and 'bob's your uncle', you are all set and ready to go.  It will stitch out just the way you want it too.
 Sorry I had to use the "nodes", so  the red and green nodes would show up.
Just a little bit of how the programme works on my machine.  Not every machine is the same.  My machine will last me a long time.  I treat it very kindly because I don't think Karl is up to replacing it.








Search This Blog