Tuesday, June 2, 2020

My heart is broken

My Mother was racist! 
 I have told this story many, many times, but not quite so publicly.

My sister's girlfriend was married to a black man
HE.WAS.AWESOME!!
We all loved him
except my mother.

One night after dinner at my sister's house with Joanie and Al and my mother
we were about to leave.
My racist mother said to us
"you aren't going to let him hug you, are you?"
I just glared at her
Yes, I gave Al a hug
I gave Al another hug
and then I turned and glared at my racist mother.
The next day I phoned my mother and explained how one human is supposed to treat
another human.
She never changed.
What is happening now is appalling.
All people are created equal
We are all the same
We all have feelings
We all have hearts that crumble with mistreatment.
Today is
#blackouttuesday
For all my black friends


Search This Blog