Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Zig can zig and zag

This is Zig.  He is a flying ace.
When I saw this panel, I knew the pantograph I was going to use.  Dave's Airplane is available from Urban Elementz.  
I thought I knew the thread I wanted to use but I auditioned two of them anyway, because you just never know.  King Tut 924 won.  
When you stitch out a fun panel, you can use fun thread and a fun pantograph.  Kids' quilts should be fun although having preached that I don't always do that.
I had a lot of "You Had me at Woof" on a bolt board, so I used one piece on the back of this quilt
and the front.  I should really hang these straight on the flannel wall.
There aren't many of these labels left.  I was finding it hard to turn the corner on some quilts, so I've opted to do them back in the side again.  I just take a piece of fabric from the stash bins ---- this was 
5 1/2 x 5 1/2, folded in half wrong sides together, sew on three sides, turn right side out and sew the label in place.  4 more of these to go and I will start the new ones.






Search This Blog