Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Time to dig

into the kit collection again.  These were made up during those miserable hot days of summer.  One is done and now here is another.  All the fabric came from what was in the house.  I didn't go near one store and I have to admit I was pretty proud of that!
I keep the pattern in front of me as I work.   I have an easel document holder and a little bulletin board and I pin it to that.  It helps me not mess up
The blocks are nine patch but going on point so I pinned that in front of me too.  I completely messed this up the last time, so this time it was going to be done properly the first time.
 Number one worked!  Onto the next 14!
I was called for lunch and was pretty happy I had accomplished this much.  Strip piecing makes everything move along so quickly.  
I finished all the blocks and decided seeing as it was a lovely cool Sunday afternoon, I would curl up with a good book.   
Karl and I talked about a pantograph I already had but it really wasn't diamonds that I wanted so I went on Urban Elementz and found Diamonds are Forever by Patricia Ritter.  I sampled it on their website and loved it.  I won't be using this colour thread but it needed to stand out so I could make the whole $15.00 decision.

It took an hour to sew the rows together and press at the same time.  I'm going to trim before I quilt but I wanted to show Karl what I was up to while he sat outside and enjoyed the weather.
This is the backing and the binding......sorry, it's a poor picture.  I snapped it quickly to show a friend.
Tomorrow we will finish this up.  






Search This Blog