Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Back to back finishes

Well, I thought I would do two "Pooh" quilts back to back but that didn't quite work out.

I did two quilts but they were tops that were ready and I needed handwork.  I decided on "Catrina" for this quilt.  I really like how it stitches out and it is "cute", not scary, like some cat pantographs.  It is no longer available at Apricot Moon, because I think she sold out and her pantos are scattered.  I finally found it at Intelligent Quilting.
I auditioned every blue-ish coloured thread I have.  Nothing was working, so I pulled this one out, puddled it and it is perfect.  One cone is getting low so I'm going to have to contact Anita one day and re-stock.
I had the devil of a time getting this photographed.  I was all over our "giant" backyard and this is what I ended up with.  Not the greatest but you get the picture.  
Then the second quilt was put on the frame because the backing had arrived.  Son of a gun, I had the same problem with thread.  Once again.........
A different pantograph thought and this is now available at Urban Elementz.  This stitches out so fast!  3 1/2 minutes to go across 39" of fabric.  Yes, I did it big.  I don't like a lot of thread on baby quilts.  It adds too much weight to a quilt.
Two nights of hand sewing and this one is ready to go.  Onwards I go.....two more and I'm done.
This way or that way.......it just won't matter.
Fun fact:
Winnie the Pooh was born outside of White River, Ontario.  He was named Winnie after the city of Winnipeg, Manitoba and was taken back to Great Britain to live in the London Zoo by a Canadian soldier, Harry Colebourn.
https://www.cbc.ca/kidscbc2/the-feed/the-real-life-canadian-story-of-winnie-the-pooh








Search This Blog