Thursday, May 16, 2019

I gave it a go!!

I planned to do two Yellow Brick Road quilt tops but quit after the first one.  I didn't want the trouble.  I've figured it out on EQ and will give it another go with different fabric.
I took the rest of the fabric
6 fabrics, 3 strips each, all cut 3 1/4" x 20".  I laid them on my sewing table.  I didn't do it randomly, I just kept sewing one piece to the next and starting over when I got to the end

 I used a straight join versus the normal right angle so I wouldn't loose as much fabric
 I was careful how the cut the bottom and actually rarely got out of my chair as I sewed the strips together.
 The last join.  I never opened it up fully until I was done
And then the shock set in.  I never, ever expected it to look like this.  I added top borders because it was short although it was wide.  It now measures 41" x 38" long.  It can be used sideways.  I need a backing fabric because I can't find anything in my stash that will work.


Search This Blog