Wednesday, December 12, 2018

A friend of mine

bought a bolt of panels.  She didn't think it was panels, but lo and behold when she opened it up.
 I searched the stash for batting and backings and was surprised at what I found for the first two.

I joined the batting by doing a zig-zag stitch and it worked out very well.  Always trim the batting to the same size and try to have the pieces at the same height.  It really does work out better.

I know it is very hard to see but it was perfect, even if I do say so myself.

 I dug out enough for two different backings.  One is plain and the other joined.
This one with the mittens is my favourite.  The other was Buddy approved.  No idea where Tommy was.
Here you go.  Two done, one to go.  I used the pantograph called Blizzard and it is barely visible.  Flannel is dense and just seems to absorb the thread.  It was an OMNI-V and that is my choice for the final one but I'm doing a different panto on it.    I also stitched the seam wider for the backing and pressed it open to avoid any bulk



Blizzard from Urban Elementz
Here you go.  I had to get Heather to snap the photo because mine turned out blurry.  
Yup, those are her toes.  I couldn't cut them off.  Wouldn't have been fair.
One more to go and these are done.

We had the opportunity to go and see the Canadian Pacific Holiday Train.  It goes from Quebec to the West and it has a couple of routes.  It was amazing.
They have entertainment and the price you pay is food for the local food bank.  As we have already give to ours we did make a contribution to the people of Cambridge.













Search This Blog