Monday, November 26, 2012

A new Christmas quilt

for the new sofa.
Well the quilt is ready!  Now we wait for the sofa.  Should be here anytime………..I hope, I hope.
Remember these?  I bought them at the Fibrations show in Burlington back in October.
IMG_4496 Well, these turned into this IMG_4497 which turned into thisIMG_4505 and then I bought these for the borders…IMG_4518
and then proceeded to cut.  I didn’t have enough fabric, so I did something I’ve never done before.  I measured the side of the quilt and sewed the two borders together and then sewed them to the top
IMG_4604 then I used two left-over charm squares for two corners.  This pushed the fabric to the limit………IMG_4603 IMG_4603 - Copybut it worked! and I’m really happy with it.
The quilting in the centre is holly leaves and berries with berries scattered around the entire top.  I drew the design, ran off onto graph paper, IMG_4707and then pinned them in place.  WARNING!!!!!  Make sure you remove the pins before you stitch.  The inner border I did with little circles.  I measured the placement with my yard stick…….
1……IMG_4703
2…...IMG_4704
3……IMG_4701
Tomorrow the backing and final photos…….
 

Search This Blog