Thursday, August 9, 2012

I had a request

a little while back for some new pillowcases.  Taylor wrote to say she would really like something new and something that would stay on her pillow.  My response to that was “say what?”  I had never heard of anyone loosing their pillowcase overnight, but apparently it happens.
I picked her up yesterday and we stopped at the Garden Patch and she found two beautiful fabrics – batiks – for Grandma to make into two cases.
Her quilt is blue and green so these should be gorgeous with it.
I decided for these cases to make them with envelope backs.  I cut the case 20 1/2” x 27” and the two backs were cut 15” x 27”……
                  IMG_3668
You  lay them right sides together, starting with one back and then pin the second back down and sew around the perimeter with a 1/4” seam allowance.   IMG_3669 When all the sewing was done, I turned them right side out and voila after a couple of hours we had two brand new pillowcases.
 IMG_3670 I was thinking after I had made these I could use a few new ones for our bed, but that’s way, way down the priority list.

Search This Blog