Tuesday, July 24, 2012

TODAY


is my birthday, so
birthday-032
To Me!

I’m taking the day off to get beautified as someone is taking me out for dinner. 
We have decided to go to the restaurant where our oldest grandson is a cook.  I’ve asked about the menu and I have my meal all picked out.
When we get back home, we are having cake from Fortino’s, I think. 
It's going to be a good day.

Okay just a bit more cause I'm writing this on Monday.
Our area has been in an almost drought situation for a long time.  We've had heat, humidity -- those lazy dog days of summer we usually see in August.
Finally on Sunday we got rain!  Very much needed rain.  Lawns have turned brown and for our back lawn to turn brown you know that rain is desperately needed.
Canadians are great people to talk about the weather.  It's too cold, it's too hot, it's too wet, it's too dry, but boy oh boy, have we been talking about rain ~~~~~~~ and loving it.  I went outside to put buckets under the eavestroughs on the trailer in the rain.  I tell you it was glorious.  I gave my poor dying black eyed susans a good dose of water and they looked up at me with smiles on their faces.  Truly, I saw them.
The tomatoes are turning red and we are picking the odd one now.  These are fabulous......sweet, lots of meat and just the right amount of moisture.  We have no lettuce so Karl made a dip the other day for the veggies we have.  It was fantastic.

These are both from Kraft.
2 tbsp. Ranch Salad Dressing
2 tbsp. Catalina

That was it! 
I dipped my yellow bean in (yes I eat them raw.......I eat all my veggies raw) and I thought I had gone to flavour heaven.


I'm sorry to say I've temporarily suspended the comments section of the blog.  I hope to be able to start it back in the next few months.

Search This Blog