Wednesday, July 25, 2012

As you know

we are home.  As I write this we are sort of unpacked…….the weather was ridiculously hot so we tried to just do what we had to do.  Unload the fridge, bring in the laundry ~~ that kind of stuff. 
Of course, the fabric came in………..by the armfuls.  I do love shopping for it.  I had reasons this time too.
IMG_3473 This brilliant pink is for the little quilt I made for Julia who lives down the road.  She will be 2 on October 13th.  It will be bound with green.  Her mommy has seen it.IMG_3472 This is our quilt.  Remember I made it from two layer cakes I had sitting around?  I used a tutorial from Jenny at the Missouri Star Quilt company and if you ask me which one……………I confess………..I can’t remember.  The backing is perfect for it.  Sheer luck.  I had two left over blocks with me and Karl and I hunted and hunted for what we wanted.
The first two fabrics we shown to me at The Quilting B and more in Charlottetown.  I just love the wide stripe one and that will be the cuff on the pillowcases.  I am planning on two of them.  Photo number 2 and 4 are Anne fabrics and they will be made up for girls.  That blue fabric, I don’t remember but I think if was to go with the pink one that says little lady.  I just love that one.
IMG_3479 So what do you do when you find buttons you love?  You buy fabric to go with them, right?  This is for a bag similar to the one I made for our holidays.  It will be a bit “classier” as I bought batiks that just shouted at me………….buy me, buy me!
Last but not least, I found these black and whites.  I’ve decided I’m going to make a neutrals quilt from the book called Spotlight on Neutrals.  I will need more, I’m sure, but bit by bit I’ll pick them up along with the tone on tone tans and someday I’ll be set to go.  I’m thinking this would be a perfect quilt for a grand to have.IMG_3476

My giggle for the day.  On one of my toolbars at the top of the page is a huge sun with the temperature.  I just looked at it and it says 67*................that's what age I turned yesterday.  Even the weather is celebrating with me.  LOL

Search This Blog