Wednesday, January 6, 2010

January Guild Meeting

I received my newsletter from our guild in the mail yesterday.  WE are going to have Patti Carey of Northcott Fabrics as our guest speaker at our January meeting.  She is doing a trunk show entitled "Interesting Quilts from Unusual Fabrics."  I have never met Patti, although I have spoken to her on the phone once and saw her at our last quilt show.  She was kind enough to drive all the way out and judge for "Best in Show."  I loved her choice.  No, it wasn't mine.  A quilt that truly deserved the ribbon.

I made a quilt that Patti designed.  It was in a McCall's magazine and and was published just about the time I was being treated for breast cancer.  It was called "Healing Hands".  For the first time I actual used the fabrics that were called for in the pattern.  I had never done that before.  Kelly of The Hobby Horse was kind enough to select them all for me.  It was fabulous to have personal attention just when I needed it.
I had a lot of people give me their hand print, including my family doctor.  I used a really good friends handprint on the back and in that print I listed all the staff at Credit Valley Hospital who were so kind to me during my radiation treatment.  This friend told me to keep a journal and Diane it was the best advise I received from anyone!

If you would like to read a bit about Patti, I found a little article on the web.  Patti was interviewed by Quiltmaker magazine awhile back and it is a interesting read.


Some of Patti's pattern designs can be found here:


http://www.northcott.net/?sid=3&layout=2col&content=patterns

Enjoy!

Search This Blog