Wednesday, May 23, 2018

When you write a blog

it is easy to get defeated.  A thoughtless word, someone's actions and you can go into a funk.

That is what happened to me and seriously I don't want to explain it all.  Suffice it to say, there is an organization in this city that will never see another quilt from me. 

Anyway, I started the Fat Cat pattern and I'm going to see it through with all of you that are doing it.  I finally got around to making the May block and I have a couple of tips for you.

I made the gnome first and had trouble with the body.  Ah-ha, said the doughhead after she looked long and hard at the picture.  It goes this way!  That open area on the left has a letter block sit in front of it.  The rest is up to you.

I sit and trace and  fuse and cut in an evening while the tv is talking to Karl.  Then it sat here for a couple of days as we had some shopping and such to do.

Here it is.  May BOM........ 8 days before the next one is published.

When I put the tree together, I used my applique pressing sheet and as I put each branch on I pinned it right through the fabric, the pressing sheet and the ironing board cover.  As I joined a branch another pin went in.  I did not remove them until it was pressed and pressed well. 

My tree is bald!  I'm going to put jingle bells on the ends of each branch instead of lights and a star button on the top.  I can't do any of that until I get it quilted.  You can see that the blanket stitch is not done, but it will be before the week is over. 

I really hope all of you are ahead of me.  I'm not behind but I'm not where I want to be right now.  One more thing and I'll feel like I accomplished something this month.

Search This Blog