Thursday, May 3, 2018

That's it!

I've been writing this blog for a few years now and up until lately, I have really enjoyed it.

A couple of things happened within the last little while that I just don't get and probably never will.

I decided after these things happened that I'm giving up my charity work for the time being -- I hope things settle down by the fall -- and I'm giving up the blog.  I sincerely feel like the rug has been pulled out from underneath me and frankly what happened just hurt!

I have given more to charity than a lot of people.  I have been part of quilt collections for Slave Lake, High River, Fort McMurray....all in Alberta and when the earthquake struck Haiti we organized donations for a children's hospital there.

I have given quilts and pillowcases to Ronald McDonald House and quilts to countless other organizations in both Oakville and Burlington.  The cost of all of this came out of my own pocket.  I have long arm quilted for a charity group here in Burlington often times using my batting or buying backing and using thread from my stock.

I'm done being generous with my time and with my money.  Sometimes you need a wake up (like a smack in the side of the head)  and I just got it.  I'm going my own way, doing my own thing and being accountable to no one but me.

This is my 30!  I'm finished, I'm done.

Search This Blog