Thursday, November 23, 2017

Back in October

I placed an order for a panel and the co-ordinates.  This is for us for our living-room wall and I need it done before December 1st......sooner really.
I was going to just post the co-ordinates as a collage, but I found this on Smilebox and the music is kind of nice, so here you go.
Click to play this Smilebox collage
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
Free picture collage personalized with Smilebox

I did plan this out on EQ and after a Sunday afternoon spent in the sewing room I was nearly done.  I goofed one border so I had to pick that out, but then it was done and I have a load of fabric to spare!! This was a "no brainer" for me to buy.  These are my colours.  I absolutely love turquoise.  I love snowmen.  It was meant to be mine.
The panel is from Henry Glass and it is called I Love Snow and that is true of me too.  I was raised with snow and a winter without it is just bland!  The nights are dark and I could go on and on.
Look at this selvedge.  I love when I find a fabric that does something different.  I should keep this.  No idea why, I just should!!
 It will hang in a place where we get to see it everyday.
 The panto is a revised Snowdrift and unfortunately not available to purchase.  The thread is though.  It is an OMNI-V colour number 9002.  It blended in beautifully on the flannel.
 These are the corners.  I didn't want half a snowman in any of them and to avoid this I used the final border fabric which carried out to the end.
 This is the top part of the backing.  There are skates and mitts and snowflakes and snowmen
 I used this fabric for the second border and faced all the snowmen outwards and then used up the rest for the binding.  I think I just may have a tiny bit left over.
This is staying at our house.  I give away a lot but this is ours.
No one is going to talk me out of it.
No one!
I'll teach them how to make it if they really want it.

Now I will mention where I bought it, 
The Quilt Store in Newmarket
I received great customer service and prompt!  It was here within two days.

Pretty soon I will be able to just travel down the road in Aldershot and pick up what I need.
A "west" store is opening in my part of town.
Oh, this is going to be so dangerous.
Ooooops, update here.........
They are opening on Tuesday, November 28th.



Search This Blog