Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Do I ever have a

whale of a tale to tell.
I had this thought.  You know, one of those "thinks" that you are so positive will just work out.  So I tried it......
Didn't like it.......it was -- uh, I don't know -- wrong!  So I tried again
My gosh, it was worse!  Now I had spent a lot of time making all those sea creatures and come heck or high water this was going to work!  All the sea creatures come from the internet.  Just google octopus coloring page, or seahorse coloring page, or whatever and choose what you like.  All the stitching was done with So Fine thread in a thicker weight and no I don't remember which number.  

Out came the "reverse stitcher"
because after you have bought all the fabric, you have to get something out of it.
I ended up with not one, but two quilts out of my disaster.  This one is pretty plain but at the end of the day when you think you have bought 1 meter of fabric, come home, straighten it up and then is only 38", you have to think.  I made the centre, added the borders, shorter one on the top, and then bound in the left-over piece of the centre.  I do have a bit left for a third quilt

 The pantograph is called Champagne by Anne Bright.  I stitched it in white, front and back with King Tut, Linen.




Search This Blog