Wednesday, August 9, 2017

and then I made

this one!
Which is not going anywhere......
This time I opted for a pantograph called double bubble and I don't know who designed it.  I wanted to try this one out just to see how fast it stitched and whether I actually liked it.  I will be using it again for an appropriate quilt.
So here you go.  Four creatures from the sea and all of them were taken from coloring pages off the internet.



I joined them with two lengths of fabric that co-ordinated a lot better than last week's choice.
I loaded it sideways on the frame as I did the other one
Two evenings of binding and it was done
 From now on I'm not going to divide the extra length between top and bottom.  All of it will go at the top of the backing.  I remembered I had done this years ago and really liked the way it worked out.  It took me awhile to figure it out as this quilt was being loaded lengthwise instead of widthwise.
This one is longer -- about 47" but still the standard 40" width.
Summer is marching on.  July was the absolute pits as far as weather was concerned.  We were actually feeling pretty cool some days and we had a lot of rain.  We cannot complain.  There are parts of Canada that would give their eye teeth for any kind of moisture.




Search This Blog