Wednesday, April 30, 2014

I made some pillowcases

to donate to Ronald McDonald house.  Margery brought in some bands and Chris and I found/purchased some fabrics for the bodies.
This is a new line of fabric from RJR Fabrics,  called Where the Toys Are. and the designer is Dan Morris
I have to admit I paid little attention to the fabric until I started to work with it.  Oh.my.gosh! this brings back so many memories.
I could go through Peter's photo albums (yes, they are still at our house) and find each and every one of these toys in the photos.............well maybe not quite.  He never had a rocking horse.  His Bedstefar in Denmark sent him a spinning top when he was one....a little bent from the trip over but Karl got it straightened out and he played for hours with it.  His tricycle travelled so many miles.  I have a thought for this fabric......dig out some photos and use this as the border fabric.  Make it a gift for his birthday in December.

and these with bodies or bands from Susan
this fabric has been on the cutting table since before Christmas.  I decided to make two more cases from it.
Tomorrow is May the first.  Time for another penguin from Fat Cat Patterns.
I hope to get mine done over the week-end.  I cleaned my house so well on Monday that I don't need to do a thing until next Monday.....that is what I'm telling myself anyway.
I also bought a new iPad so I have something to play with for awhile.  Karl and I spend the evenings together in the living-room and I hate getting up and coming down the hall and getting on the Mac.  I find once I come on, I can be here for an hour.  Now I can still be in the room and ignore the tv....both at the same time!  

Search This Blog