Tuesday, April 29, 2014

and here they are


Susan donated fabric for pillowcases, and I cut some of it into bands and gave some of it to others to work on.  The top fabric on the stack was from Susan......it's a Mark Lipinksi.....love his fabrics

the green is from Free Spirit as is the orange, but two different lines.  There website is here and they do offer free patterns.
After a trip over to Sewing Machines etc., (I just had to have those two fabrics and now I've spied one more), I came home and gathered fabric at the cutting table.
When I was all done, I had these to sew up.

a total joint effort by Bev and Susan.  Sometimes it was the body from Susan and sometimes the band.
I then discovered this fabric in the "pillowcase" box.  It's left over from my Border Creek Mystery Quilt.
The beautiful sage green is not from the line, but it works perfectly with the floral.  It is from E.E.Schenck and I had only 7".
I'm going to expand on this later on, but for now, I'm going to leave you with this.

If you are on Facebook go the search at the top of your page and type in what I have here
click on it
and it will take you here
This is happening during July and August and you can visit quilt shops around Ontario while you travel on your summer holidays.  
OR  
You can call up a bunch of gals and do little road trips while the sun is shining.  You can pack a lunch and have a picnic on the side of the road between the stores or just eat in the car to save time!!!
This map is on their page.....look ~~ the stores are everywhere and more are joining in on the fun.
Check it out.  Maybe I'll get to meet you on our travels.  I hope to hit at least 10 of them so I can make a quilt this fall.......I definitely need another quilt.
Here is a partial list of the towns.  I didn't type up the names of the shops as I've heard a list is going to be published. 







Search This Blog